As every business decision falls under greater scrutiny, organizations are looking for tools that help them make better choices - and decisions about talent are no different. Assessments can provide valuable insights into hiring, promotion and development decisions, and help organizations minimize talent risk while maximizing talent performance. In data collected between March and April 2011, over 640 organizations shared their insights, including 506 organizations currently using assessments as part of their talent strategy. The various types, uses and talent assessments are explored in this comprehensive benchmark study. read more>>
Use ASSESS for Personal Development and CoachingBack | Next
HR/OD Consultants Use Our Solutions To Help Their Clients…
- Create success models and to have an objective way to measure new and existing team members against these models
- Increase their chances of hiring the right people – to make sure that the right organizational structure AND the right people are in place
- Effectively develop their most important asset - their people
- Add objectivity to their succession planning process
- Improve team individual and team performance
Executive Search Consultants Use our Solutions…
- To work collaboratively with their clients to identify the knowledge, skills and experience required for success (Create a success model).
- To measure qualified candidates against the clients success model (Using Assess Selection) to determine best fit and reduce the probability of a bad hire
- To further increase the likelihood of success by providing integration coaching to help clients “hit the ground running”
- To help their clients answer the million dollar question, “Can I work with the individual and will they fit in with my team and organization?”
Corporate HR and Business LeadersOur corporate clients like the fact that we provide integrated but modular solutions. They appreciate the completeness of the system and the flexibility of being able to focus on their immediate needs. Corporate HR and Business Leaders Use our Solutions:
- To create success models and to have an objective way to measure new and existing team members against these models
- To increase their chances of hiring the right people
- To effectively develop their most important asset - their people
- To add objectivity to their succession planning process
- To improve team individual and team performance
Corporate, Leadership and Career Coaches Use Our Solutions…To expand their service offering and to provide one or more of the following benefits to their clients:
- A system to define success and objectively measure against the competencies or capabilities critical for success in their organization
- A way to reduce hiring costs by helping clients select the right employee for the right job at the right time
- A common language and a systematic developmental process to improve the performance of employees at all levels
- An effective way to integrate employees into a team so that they can “hit the ground running” and be successful
- A succession planning process that uses objective ways to measure bench strength and identifies employees ready for promotion and identify gaps for those that require additional coaching
- An ability to understand the personality of all team members in order to build more effective and ultimately higher performing teams
- A way to improve self-awareness; understand strengths and development areas and leverage this information to improve career choices and job satisfaction
Assess™ OverviewBuilt specifically for business, Assess™ ensures you hire the best people, get the best out of them and get them ready for future roles. Assess™ has the highest level of workplace validation and applies to all major points in an employee’s lifecycle;
- Create a model from scratch using our Assess™ library
- Mapping an existing model to competencies in the Assess™ library
- Use one of our 5 pre-established models outlined in General Competency Models (PDF)
Assess™ Reports (Individual) – Personal Effectiveness
Use Assess for Selection (Hiring)ASSESS™ Selection Reports identify the personality traits of a candidate that are likely to help/hinder the individual’s ability to be successful in a given role. The report helps to focus a behavioural interview by providing questions specifically linked to competencies plus unique questions based on the candidate’s results. The report also includes management suggestions or coaching tips, which can be used if the candidate is hired. Hire based on a complete picture of competencies defined for success. The result – increase the probability of hiring candidates that will succeed - lower hiring costs, higher retention and better performance.
Use Assess for Personal Development and CoachingASSESS™ Development Reports provide an in-depth evaluation of a candidate’s assets and liabilities in relation to the needed competencies for a given role. The report provides development suggestions, books to read and courses to take in order to facilitate the coaching process and improve performance. ASSESS™ 360 Reports can provide additional perspective and enhance the development process. This report includes a detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of how the individual and other team members (boss, direct reports, peers, etc…) view the individual’s behaviour and performance. The printed report will provide developmental suggestions for some of the candidate’s lowest rated competencies. Additional development suggestions for each of the competencies will be available on-line. ASSESS™ Focus 360 is an abbreviated 360 module, which measures observed changes for a group of targeted behaviours selected by an employee and their leader. It is designed to further enhance coaching and development.
Assess™ Group Reports – Enhance Team Effectiveness
Use Assess™ for Team DevelopmentASSESS™ Group Summary Reports provide aggregate data for group(s) of participant's. Summary reports include information such as: most frequent developmental suggestions; overall "fit" of the group with their competency model, and average score of the group on ASSESS™ personality dimensions. This information may be used to target training and improve team performance. The Team Effectiveness (Comparison) Plots display the results of selected individuals (pairs or groups) on combinations of ASSESS™ characteristics. The impact of each individual's "style" on team effectiveness can be explored through our 17 standard comparisons or customized plots can be created. Comparison Plots can aid in helping pairs or teams to recognize similarities and differences, understand potential strengths and potential weakness, and develop a team plan to increase group effectiveness. ASSESS™ Group 360 Reports show aggregate results for all individuals for whom a 360 was generated and that were rated against the same model. It is also designed to help improve team performance and complements both the ASSESS™ group Summary Reports and Team Effectiveness plots. We would be pleased to discuss how you can improve any of these processes by using Assess. Please contact us.
Hire the Best
Looking for a way to increase your chances of hiring the best candidates?There are a variety of tools in the market that help you identify how costly it is when you make a poor hiring decision. The bottom line is that this cost can range from 6 months to over one year of the applicant’s salary and benefits in direct costs alone. The indirect costs — the additional turnover caused by the hiring, the effect on morale, the decrease in team effectiveness — are much harder to quantify. Studies beginning as far back as the 1980’s have shown that personality has a much larger effect on performance than previously thought. Our suite of selection tools will allow you to better understand the personality characteristics of potential candidates. This will increase your probability of success when making a hiring decision and will also provide you with a way to effectively integrate new hires into your organization.
- Want to hire the best individual contributors, managers, and executives? Learn more about Assess Selection
- Looking to hire the best consultative salespeople? See the benefits of using SalesMax
- Want to quickly screen for characteristics linked to success in associate level positions? Learn more about the SELECT Associate screening system
Looking to Create A Model for Organizational SuccessAssess Competency Modeling or Strategic Success Modeling (SSM) is a process by which an organization can easily develop a targeted competency model for a position or group of positions, or can update an existing competency model. Use our unique process to translate business strategy in HR practices – using a common language to define the behaviours that are necessary to successfully execute strategy.
With the Optimal Assessment Process and the Assess suite of tools, once a competency model has been created it can be loaded into the Assess on-line system. Candidates – both internal and external can log into the system and complete Assess, a business assessment instrument that measures 24 personality traits in three major categories – Thinking, Working and Relating. The Assess system provides an objective way to measure individuals against the behaviours critical to organizational success and can be used to improve the following processes:
- Selection – Providing a clear target for hiring practices will improve the likelihood of hiring the right person for the right job
- Development – Making development actionable and understandable by providing developmental activities that are linked to skills, knowledge and characteristics that will lead to optimal performance
- Training – linking training to competencies (success), maximizing the return on investment of training dollars
- Performance Improvement – clarifying work expectations using a common language and linking competencies to goals
- Succession Planning – adding objectivity in determining readiness for a role; identifying gaps and focusing training and development to help close those gaps.
Already Have a Model?Take our Competency Modeling Quiz to determine whether or not you can benefit by mapping your competencies to our Assess competency library or contact us.
ASSESS In-Depth CertificationWe know that your schedule is hectic and your time is limited. We do our best to adapt our certification process to your needs and your schedule. For coaches, executive search firms, and HR/OD consultants we also provide insight into how to effectively use the tools and expand your practice. We also offer in-house certification allowing you and your team members the opportunity to tailor your learning to what is most relevant for your organization. What makes our certification process unique is our commitment to service our clients. We provide follow-up coaching and advisory services to make sure that the tools are being used effectively and so that all of our clients achieve the best possible results.
ASSESS WorkshopsDuring our workshops you will learn how to enhance the use of ASSESS with your clients or within your organization. We focus on the following:
- Understanding ASSESS characteristics and profile interpretation
- Learning how to use ASSESS to hire the best candidates
- Leveraging the power of ASSESS for one-on-one coaching or group workshops, including modules for
- Career Development Workshops
- Coaching & Leadership Development
- Developing Teams
- All participants receive their own ASSESS development report to enhance the learning process and for personal improvement.